RGC COURSE OPEN
Further to the Chief Minister’s announcement of the removal of social distancing from Monday 15th June, we have updated our playing conditions.
• Wash your hands regularly or use hand sanitiser when running water is not available.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth as much as possible.
• If you cough or sneeze do so into a disposable tissue or the crook of your arm so as to avoid spreading germs.
Clubhouse and Locker rooms
• Locker rooms will be open.
• Please use the keypad to enter the locker rooms.
• For security, the sliding door nearest the 18th green will be locked at around 4pm each day while the Clubhouse remains closed. Please only use the front door as your entrance and exit after this time as no staff will be available to lock up after you.
• Clubhouse will be open from Saturday 20th June.
• On-course toilet will be available to those members requiring the facility.
• Strict instructions will remain in place and must be followed. The door code is available from Gary in the office on 812244 if you haven’t already got it. Both toilets will be available for use.
1. Sanitise your hands before using the number lock to enter
2. Wash hands thoroughly
3. Securely close door behind you when leaving
4. Sanitise hands again before resuming play
Who can play the course?
• Fully paid up members. Please contact the Club on 812244 if you want to renew your subscription, or join as a new member.
• Visitors. Please contact the Club on 812244 to book and pay for your tee time. Payment will be taken over the phone at this time.
Tee Time Restrictions
• You can only play if you have a booked tee time (Bookings can be made on BRS up to 2-weeks in advance).
• You can play individually or with a maximum of 3 other members of the Club.
• If you see that a member is down on BRS on their own, don’t assume they want company, please check with them first as they could be classed as vulnerable and may not feel safe playing with others.
• Under no circumstances is play allowed outside of the booking hours and without booking.
• Remove your booking if you know you aren’t able to turn up.
Play on the course
• Play is only available from the 1st tee only.
• DO NOT enter the course or play from any other access point on the course.
• Scorecards will be available from the locker rooms.
• Rules of etiquette must apply. Please keep up with play, and if you are holding up the player/s behind, you let them through.
• 2 players can use the same buggy during a round of golf.
• On completion of your round, use the hand sanitiser and you may sit on the veranda for a catch up with other members, for up to 45-minutes after your round.
Golf course layout (Revised Rules for Qualifying Competition (16.06.20):
• Bunkers: Normal Rules of Golf in force. For guidance Rule 12 applies.
• On the Green - guidance from CONGU: Flagsticks/Holes: We have made the decision to modify the depth of the hole to allow players to remove the ball without touching the flagstick, scores will be acceptable for either competition or supplementary score purposes. In such cases, the ball is considered holed if any part of the ball is below the surface of the putting green, even if not lodged against the flagstick. The flagstick may also be removed.
• Immovable Obstructions: Penalty Area markers and direction posts etc (with the exception of Out of Bounds posts): Normal Rules of Golf – Rule 16.
Where the areas above are handled by multiple people, we recommend that individuals take their precautions to protect others at all times and use hand sanitising sheets to wipe down after use.
• Practice nets are available.
• Practice putting greens are available.
• The practice ground will be open with the following restrictions.
• Only available to 1 person at a time (unless from the same household). 45-minutes per booking.
• Booking for the practice ground must be made through Gary in the office, at least 24 hours in advance. Call 812244 between 09:30 & 15:30 Mon-Sat.
• Anyone using the practice ground without booking, will be asked to leave.